More than 40% of all fresh produce is wasted in the US, which accounts for over $17 billion dollars in lost product annually and contributes more CO2 emissions than all of US transportation combined. Globally, food that is never consumed accounts for 7% of the global freshwater supply and 308MM hectares of land. Our goal is to reduce these drastic numbers by making the produce supply chain smarter.
Strella uses proprietary IoT biosensors to monitor and predict produce quality in real time as it travels the supply chain. We reduce food waste and help deliver better quality produce to consumers.
Our product is used commercially in high-value decision-making in apple and pear storage. We’re growing the team to improve our product and service higher impact markets.
Working at Strella
We hire smart people and trust them to get their job done. We don’t have required hours or limited PTO. Occasionally, we stay late or work on weekends to get it done. We also take breaks whenever we need (unless a customer is waiting on us). We’re doing important, exciting work and that is what drives us. Nothing is above or below our pay grade.
Email – [email protected]
Please send resume and any other info that may be relevant, including a brief introduction.
Postharvest Technical Sales - Packing (WA & OR)
Our product is used commercially in high-value decision-making in apple and pear storage in Washington & Oregon and are expanding rapidly. We aim to be the largest technical improvement since 1-MCP was introduced in the packing market.
We are looking for a team member to grow relationships with our large clients, assist them with implementation and decision-making as relates to our technology, and serve as boots-on-the ground during the season to ensure smooth technical deployment. This position is largely autonomous, and offers great flexibility as well as requires comfort in solving in-field customer issues.
- Customer Success
- Works closely with packing customers to help make multi-million dollar decisions from packing schedules to storage practice recommendations
- Interpret and deliver data to customers in a timely and actionable manner, with the help of the team
- Work with customers to establish KPIs and adoption plans to ensure success
- Sales Growth
- Market development and strategy to enable exponential sales growth”
- Customer and university relationship management
- Identify and quantify customer value to grow market size and customer utility
- Identify additional market opportunities and partnerships
- Technical Installation & Maintenance
- On-site technology installs & support
- Occasional troubleshooting support
- Other Duties
- Maintains a personal sense of responsibility toward packing revenue
- Collaboration with COO & CEO, data scientists, hardware engineers
- Travel to client sites
Postharvest experience required, preferably in apple and/or pear packing. Someone who can understand and translate technical data into actionable business decisions is a great fit, especially with client management experience. Great position for someone with experience postharvest systems or companies who is looking to expand their experience into emerging technology.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of experience
- Ability to travel and drive long distances (up to 6 hours)
- Postharvest ag experiences, packing operations preferred
- Ability to analyze and present technical data to meet business goals
- Proven ability to manage clients and grow revenue/product usage
- Demonstrated autonomous productivity with little supervision
Competitive Salary & Commissions Package
Health & Dental
Flexible Hours & PTO
High Level of Autonomy
Travel in and out of Market, and to Philly HQ